1.1 CUE SPORTS CLASSIFICATION
There are Three (3) Classes for those competing in wheelchairs.
1. Those players with hand or arm disabilities who cannot make or
sustain a functional bridge while playing a shot.
2. Those players who can make and sustain a functional bridge but
no stability and balance due to a lack of functional trunk muscles.
These players support themselves at the table with their bridge hand.
3. All other players with a good to normal balance meeting the criteria
for minimal disability.
1 .2 MINIMAL DISABILITY
A minimal disability is a significant disability that prevents a player
from playing standing up.
1 .3 GENERAL RULES
1. Players must remain seated on the cushion or seat of the wheelchair
when playing a shot.
2. Feet must be kept clear of the floor; should the feet or footplates
touch the floor it will be deemed a foul.
3. Players in Class 1 may request the referee for assistance with
rest and equipment, etc.
4. Below the knee strapping is allowed to keep the feet on the footplates.
However, strapping above the waist is not allowed except for medical
reasons when it will be taken into account for classification purposes.